Emil Malizia is a professor and chair of the Department of City and Regional Planning at UNC-Chapel Hill and CCP small-grant recipient working in Lenoir County.
I expect to accomplish the following tasks by the end of the month:
- Follow up the directors of the regional partnerships either to identify specific companies or get contact information on local economic developers worth contacting for this purpose.
- Follow up with SBTDC to request a listing of prospective companies from the database of about 1,200 NC companies. Find SBTDC staff able to provide additional information on some of these companies.
- Continue reviewing websites of identified companies.
- Contact local economic developers to identify additional companies.
- Begin contacting local economic developers to contact the company and find the person I would interview via telephone (the CEO, CFO or COO).
- Conduct 1-2 interviews. My strategy is to limit the telephone time to 20 minutes or less and focus only on the key questions. I will subsequently send the entire survey as an email attachment or via snail mail and request that the survey be completed and returned.