Will Lambe is the Director of the Community-Campus Partnership and Associate Director for the Community & Economic Development Program.
The Community-Campus Partnership (CCP) at the UNC School of Government is seeking two student interns (one graduate and one upper-class undergraduate) for the summer 2010 to work as a team on marketing, communications and public relations projects with community partners in Lenoir and/or Caswell County, North Carolina. These are paid, 12-week internships based off-campus in our partners’ communities that will begin on approximately May 15, 2009. Some work may be done from a central location in RTP/Chapel Hill but travel and/or relocation for the summer may be required. A travel stipend will be provided.
The CCP at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a campus-wide initiative to forge long-term partnerships with economically distressed communities in North Carolina. Through CCP, the campus has made a commitment to focus faculty, student and staff resources and expertise on the needs and priorities identified by our partner communities.
Required Qualifications: Upper-class undergraduate and graduate students in mass communications, business, public administration, planning, and/or a related discipline. Excellent verbal and written skills. Experience in communications, public relations and/or marketing preferred.
Responsibilities for the summer intern(s) include:
- Advise community partners on matters relating to strategic communications, marketing and public relations
- Conduct marketing and communications research for projects identified by community partners
- Write press releases, op-editorials, marketing materials, etc.
- Assist or lead website development projects
- Develop and implement evaluation mechanisms to test the efficacy of marketing and public relations materials
- Represent the CCP at meetings, conferences, and other public events, as appropriate
- Undertake other special projects as assigned
Please send letter of interest and resume by March 31, 2009 to:
School of Government
CB# 3330, Knapp-Sanders Building
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3330
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Will Lambe authored the NC Rural Center report, Small Towns, Big Ideas, and he served as Director of the Community and Economic Development Program at the School of Government from 2009 to 2014.