The following are articles and reports on the web that the Community and Economic Development Program at the UNC School of Government shared through social media over the past month. Follow us on twitter or facebook to receive regular updates.
- Are “20-minute neighborhoods” an appropriate goal? In NC, aspects of this concept are used to prioritize funding for affordable housing (proximity to grocery and transit). Australian faculty describe the 20-min effort in Melbourne: bit.ly/38VHu4b
- Nice summary of research into the challenges with rural housing, ranging from appraisals to manufactured housing. bit.ly/32yGLDK
- Which jobs are most likely to be automated, and what will be the impact on employment? Interesting analysis by Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: bit.ly/2P5vVPZ
- @NCHConline featured UNC DFI graduate fellow Frank Muraca’s analysis of how North Carolina’s rules for awarding low income housing tax credits influence project location. bit.ly/2upFj9T
- Kannapolis Downtown Revitalization Continues: http://bit.ly/2Vs31O1