The following are articles and reports on the web that the Community and Economic Development Program at the UNC School of Government shared through social media over the past month. Follow us on twitter or facebook to receive regular updates.
- Columbia and Princeton researchers looked at 15 years of data and found “some evidence of direct job gains” from firm specific tax incentives but didn’t find strong evidence of broader economic growth or spillover effects. http://bit.ly/37XWm10
- Nice job by Novogradac with pros/cons of proposed changes to Community Reinvestment Act. Take a close look at the new “aggregate balance sheet ratio” and the potential consequences for underserved and rural areas. bit.ly/37d8w6o
- Will Congress give local governments the ability to change some of their opportunity zone designations? One of the original sponsors is thinking about it. bit.ly/317mZyc
- Dare County partners with UNC DFI on affordable housing. http://bit.ly/2vEtRrm
- Housing proposal considered in Elizabethtown. http://bit.ly/3bdh3Iy