The following are articles and reports on the web that the Community and Economic Development Program at the UNC School of Government shared through social media over the past month. Follow us on twitter or facebook to receive regular updates.
Items of interest related to CED in North Carolina:
- CDFI Fund releases data on New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) since 2003. NMTC has supported nearly $2.5 billion in projects in North Carolina. bit.ly/2DdgSgM
- Legislative Update: Notice and Hearing Requirements for Economic Development Appropriations.
- Story about legislative efforts to abolish Opportunity Zones. Also discusses efforts to impose reporting requirements rather than abolish. bit.ly/37CGKkj
- Atlanta Fed shares the U.S. Forest Service report on heirs’ property and possible interventions. http://bit.ly/34lI6h0
- County-by-county food insecurity dashboard, including strategies to address food insecurity with attention to rural-urban differences. urbn.is/2CETKax
- Could hospitals be partners in development of affordable housing, based on connection between housing and health? Article describes efforts in New Jersey. bit.ly/32kcVAU
- DFI to assist with affordable housing on North Carolina’s Outer Banks. http://bit.ly/385bSJs